Client Headway Ireland
Service Type Refurbishments
The project comprised of the refurbishment and alterations of an old two storey over basement AIB bank building which is on the corner of William Street Upper and Gerard Griffin Street in Limerick.
- The existing building is an old AIB bank building which was substantially reconstructed in the 1980 – 1990’s so the majority of the building is a modern concrete framed structure with a large, felted flat roof.
- Works Involved remodel, refurbish and alter the existing
structure to for Headway Ireland, who train people who have acquired brain injuries to live a more normal life.
- The scope of the works will comprised of: Stripping out the interiors of the existing 3 storey building, including all of the building
services and the majority of the interior walls and ceiling / floor finishes
- Altering the rear wall to facilitate the installation of 2 new windows and a new patio door c/w deck area.
- Installing a new lift shaft and lift to service the 3 floors.
- Installing a new accommodation stairs in the existing double height entrance lobby.
- Creating a new interior layout and installing new floor, wall and ceiling finishes and interior joinery & doors.
- Installing and commissioning new Fire Alarm, Lighting and emergency lighting systems, new power and lighting systems and a new heating / ventilation system and water systems.
- Refurbishing the roof and installing a new fall arrest system on roof.
- Repairs to roof
- Demolitions opening up and repairs to historic building
- Project included excavations
- Working in an urban site- Limerick city
- Co ordination of M & E Lift Roofing Painting , Firesealing, Joinery, Flooring and other subcontractors.